Yard of the Month Committee
Responsibilities: Drive through a portion of the neighborhood once per month (except winter) to help reward the best decorated yards.
All events have been cancelled due to COVID-19, but these will hopefully resume soon.
Responsibilities: Help organize events. Social events usually include:
- Easter Egg Hunt, often with the event including bouncy houses, treats, eggs, and the Easter Bunny.
- Community Yard Sale, in conjunction organizing a bulk cleanup organized with Round Rock Refuse the following week.
- Start of Summer Party at the pool on Memorial Day weekend, often with organizers preparing grilled burgers, dogs, and drinks.
- 4th of July Parade through the neighborhood. The parade often has kids decorating bikes and trikes, parents decorating strollers, and going through the neighborhood. This is especially popular with the care center as we usually end near there, with treats.
- Kona Ice and other food trucks organized at the pool through the summer.
- End of Summer Party at the pool often around Labor Day, again with food and drinks.
- National Night Out held in October.
- Breakfast with Santa held at the community center. In addition to Santa and food, this has included school choirs and other performing groups.
- Polar Bear Plunge, for those wanting a New Years dive into the pool.
The social committee has organized additional events, such as wine tastings, game nights, movie nights, and more.
Responsibilities: Create a newsletter of community happenings. We have not had a newsletter in several years, so volunteers would need to start from scratch. The old newsletter was mailed to residents, a new one would likely be physically mailed and posted as PDF to the web site.
Responsibilities: Help spread word of events, monitor social media, answer social media questions about the HOA, and serve as a go-between between social media and the board.
Responsibilities: Help keep an eye on the pool, and make recommendations about improvements and preventative maintenance.